Sunday finally came...Race Day!!!
I really didn't want to go to the race, but just minutes before leaving, I was kind of suckered into going. After getting to the track, though, I got a little excited. 
The Army put on a really good pre-race show. And where we were sitting the helicopters were flying right over our heads. My favorite part was when the parachutters came down and attempted to land on the 'X'. A couple of them actually landed right in the center of it. And two of them came down attached to one another. It was really amazing.
But then....
The cloud rolled in, and didn't roll out. And our smiles turned to frowns as the race got called.
I still had a really good time, though. They raced the next day, but the only racing we saw were the cars on the highway beside us racing home from their holiday weekends.
No comments:
Post a Comment