This snow update is for my brother who moved to GA and is missing out on all this snow! Don't know whether that is a blessing or a shame. I for one am LOVING it! Until it stops me from getting to work and making money, that is. On a very good note: Rob is home! Their equipment starting breaking so they had to call it quits. We having amazing neighbors who have a 4x4 and drove 25 miles there and 25 miles back in this mess to bring him home. When I heard he was coming home I thought I would be nice and clear him a path way from the front door to the road. I couldn't even get out the door! I had to jimmie my way out slamming the door to push snow out of the way. I got to the end of the sidewalk by the time he got home. Its the thought that counts, right? That was at about 11;30 and there is already another 6 inches of snow on the steps and sidewalk! It has gotten to the point where we can't get actual measurements and the pictures aren't giving the beauty of this snow justice or the amount of snow justice. We can't measure it because the layer of sleet that we got through the night is so solid I can't get the tape measure down through it. Maybe when Rob wakes up we will find another method. Plus, because of the crazy wind, snow drifts are everywhere. The blowing snow is making for a beautiful scene. The trunks of the trees are covered and parts of our privacy fence are blanketed it white, too. It's like every surface, horizontal or vertical has been painted white. You can't really see the amounts because it isn't staying on the surfaces of things. It is getting so high that the snow is sliding off the roof tops, table tops, and any surface that is raised from the ground. I think it is safe to say that if it keeps up at this magnitude my car will be completely buried. HaHa! Jase just went to the back door and said, "Whoa Mommy, we got a lot!" I was just telling my brother how he isn't really realizing how significant a storm this is because since he's been old enough to play in the snow we have gotten pretty significant storms. I guess we have reached a new level considering he is commenting on it. And they are now giving estimates for Tuesday's storm. Yes! More snow on Tues! 5-6 inches more! AHHHHH!!! LOL You can tell people are starting go stir crazy because people are starting to venture out. Jase wants to go out now because he saw his friend outside going for a sleigh ride. I think we are going to wait for tomorrow, though. Well, here are the latest pictures...like I said, they don't do it justice, but here they are anyways!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment