It is 9:30 and the storm goes on! 6 inches and counting!
I just had to go out and do the first round of shoveling. Henny won't go outside if the deck is covered and she HAD to go outside. I also had to go clean the heating unit off.
I have taken advantage of Rob's absence by using his snow gear. Let me tell you...I will never make fun of him for wearing his concrete boots again...they are awesome! I came back in and my feet were warm and dry!
Maryland is under a state of emergency. As of 7 PM anyone on the road unnecessarily will be fined. It's great knowing things are that bad and Rob is out driving around in it. Very comforting! (That is sarcasm...just in case you didn't know.) According to the weather services we are about be in the pink area...that is the blizzard area. The wind is howling and Henny is going crazy with the sleet hitting the house. The accumulation levels ares still at 20-30 inches; that is even with the snow mixed with sleet and ice. The sleet and ice means power outages and I am praying that doesn't happen! If all goes well, I'll be reporting again in the morning. Good night all! Stay warm!
No comments:
Post a Comment