Saturday, February 6, 2010

Blizzard of 2010


The media has officially named this storm the Blizzard of 2010. They are expecting the storm to have total accumulation taking us the the 3rd biggest storm of the area's history. Our immediate area, not so much though. Although when I woke up this morning, it was still snowing and it was hard to tell where I had shoveled last night, we have gotten so much ice that it has compacted the snow. I re-shoveled the walk way, and let me tell you, that it is a HEAVY snow! I am dreading having to tackle the driveway!

So our measurement as of 9 AM this morning was:

And that is 8.5 inches of snow, ice, and then snow again. I had to work at getting the tape measure down to the bottom because it wouldn't go through the layer of ice. We are supposed to get snow for the rest of the day. We are still under a blizzard warning until 10:00 PM when the snow will begin to slow up. I haven't heard from Rob yet this morning so hopefully he is catching a few Zzzz's. I talked to him about 1 AM and he was still going strong! So keep him in and all the others that have to be out there in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment