My Grandparents

This is a picture I have really come to cherish. First of all, it has my grandmother in it. My grandmother was such an amazing woman. She was always so full of life and fun. When I was growing up we would spend go visit her twice a year. Once in August for two weeks. During these she would sit with me for hours teaching me how to make crafts, do wood burning, paint. She would also go outside with us and play yard darts and
croquet like she was one of us kids. We would also spend another week, either at Christmas or Easter. I used to look forward to these trips more than anything. My grandfather, on the other hand, died when I was a baby. I don't have a single memory of him. I've seen a few old mini
Polaroid pictures of him in black and white, but those aren't real fresh in my memory either. Since my grandmother remarried when I was still a toddler, there weren't many pictures of my real grandfather hanging on the walls. Don't get me wrong, my Grandpa Lowell was as great a grandfather that I could ever ask for. But there is something about this picture that just makes me smile. I don't know whether its because it is the first real good look I've gotten of my real grandfather. Or because its because its my dad's mom and dad, a couple I never got to see together but through his stories and memories. What ever the reason, I am so happy this picture came my way.
No comments:
Post a Comment