Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Animals at the Zoo

I got some really amazing shots of some of the animals at the National Zoo today and thought I would share them.
The lion was on a frightening hunt for something.


And of course you can't have a zoo with out elephants.



There were snakes of colors and sizes.

And of course the National Zoo's most famous attraction: The Giant Panda.

The aquamarine life was breathtaking with some of the largest crustaceans I've ever seen!

I didn't even know there were so many different types of lizards

.

Cartoons are always showing bears climbing up into trees...but until today, I've never seen it before.

The seal was one of the most entertaining animals today as he tickled himself with his tail while perched on his rock.

Jase told us on the way home that the turtles were his favorite. He enjoyed the small water turtle just as much as the 50 year old tortoises.

The monkeys/orangutans/apes were as entertaining as always.

And there were a few others that we really enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment